|QDnet was started in the year 1990, with a group of engineers dedicated to the designing of Telecommunication equipment for use by the Department of Telecommunications (DOT), India. Today, we have a large group of engineers and programmers on our staff. The equipment designed by us has been deployed in various parts of India and abroad.
Since 1993, we have diversified into various fields such as Consultancy and Technical support for high-end Pre-press Digital Imaging equipment, design and development of electronic products using innovative combinations of hardware and embedded software and end-to-end e-Commerce solutions developed on the Open Source platform which brings down the cost of ownership of a very secure and stable system.
- Design & Development of Telecom equipment, which has consistently beat the competition in features and end price of the product.
- Development of vehicle tracking systems: GPS / GSM systems, RFIDs etc.
- Conditional Access System (including head end).
- Support and Maintenance for high-end Digital Pre-press equipment.
- R & D for Medical Testing equipment.
- Web Technology.
- Embedded Software e.g. software development for a TV game show.
Our Hardware Engineers are skilled in designing and debugging of digital and analog circuits. They are also skilled in the avoidance of crosstalk and digital noise on the PCB layouts. We strictly follow EMC Design Guidelines for our Microcontroller Boards.
Our Embedded Software engineers are experienced in writing applications involving real-time voice and data transfer and have also written Telecom stacks e.g. ISDN.
Languages used are Assembly and C. The processors that we have worked on are many of the 8051 derivatives from Infineon, Atmel and Phillips. In the ISDN equipment, we have used the Infineon C165 UTAH processor. We have also found innovative ways of using the microchip processors as dedicated protocol converters and are planning to work on the ARM 7 using Wavecom’s OPEN AT API in the GPS project.
All the equipment designed by us has been tested and certified by DOT/TEC, Mumbai.
Equipment designed for clients :
A. Broadband Products :
a) Network Terminator - NT-1
c) USB - TA U/ST
d) Intelligent NT with PBX
G.703 & V.35
a) ADSL PCI
b) ADSL USB
c) ADSL Router
B. Communication Products :
1. Exchange Peripheral equipment
a) Changed Number Announcers
2. Switching/Transmission equipment
a) Line Concentrator (analog).
b) Digital Line Concentrators.
3. Subscriber Terminal equipment
a) Auto Call Distributor
b) Voice Mail Systems
d) Auto Attendant
4. Systems Integration
We have designed Turnkey solutions for :
a) Call / Voice processing applications
b) Call Centre with CTI Operator Assisted Paging
c) Voice + Data Multiplexers.
Other Electronic Products developed recently :
- ‘Hawkeye’ - Vehicle Tracking System (using GPS, GSM & Internet technologies).
- ‘ICEBOX’- Conditional Access System with head end & set-top box.
- Electronic Taxi Meter for private taxis.